On Cinco De Mayo many come together to celebrate those of Mexican heritage in America by having a great big PARTY!
Like what St. Patrick’s Day is to whiskey, Cinco De Mayo is to tequilla! Many people flock to Mexican bars and restaurants on this day to pound back margaritas and to salsa in sombreros. The day can get crazy if you are not prepared.
If you are planning to go out here’s a few celebration tips:
- All Mexican places will be packed, so arrive early or avoid.
- Have a few back up spots in mind if your first choice is over capacity
- Go to neighborhood bars that are off the beaten track
- Do not drink cheap tequilla (what they serve in the well will hurt tomorrow)
- Margaritas are fun but the sugar content will hurt you the next day so don’t over do it
- Plan transportation ahead of time by looking up public transport options and handing out cab company phone numbers to your friends. Or have a dedicated driver.
Happy Cinco De Mayo!